Wednesday, February 10, 2010

worm compost!!!





Not really an art project, but a project none-the-less. They've been happy as far as I'm concerned for the past month. However, last I checked (which was a couple of minutes ago), a few worms appeared to be crawling up the sides. Slightly disconcerting considering a worm-compost "horror story" I heard a couple of weeks ago from one of Peter's friends. Apparently this friend had one of these homemade bins and he started noticing worms out and about in his house. Weird places--by his bed, in the bathroom. He thought it was just by weird chance that these poor creatures found their way outside of their home until all of the worms had escaped and withered in his home. Not entirely a coincidence, it appears. I'll let y'all know if something like that happens here...hopefully there will be nothing to report.

1 comment:

Robin Chen said...

Hi Katie,
Worms crawling up the sides! Yikes!! Sounds like they might not be happy. More dirt? Leaves? Compost?(you can buy it packaged) Sounds like you had better watch your backs, from the story Peter's friend told. I don't mind worms...but I draw the line where my bed is concerned. haha
Love you!
The Best Mommy You Have Ever Had :)