Tuesday, October 26, 2010

so excited!




Though this piece isn't quite done yet, I was so excited to be almost-finished that I couldn't help but post the almost-completed picture. It is a return to some of my old collage work that I did a couple of years ago. Everything will have been recycled or reclaimed, including the wooden panels that the collage is adhered to. I made them out of cabinet doors and wood trim found at the local Habitat for Humanity store. This piece is the largest work that I have done so far (54 in. x 36 in.) and it took me forever to complete. I have been working on this one for months. And though there will be pieces to come in the future, this one is indeed, my current "masterpiece." I will post real pictures of this one as soon as I finish the piece, so check back soon.

3 comments:

lucky7s said...

Katie, that is beautiful! I really dig it. Someday we'll have to commission an original from you!
-Mike

Katherine Bogucki said...

Really lovely Katie! Make sure you find some way to keep the printed ink from fading. Either cover it with UV protective glass or maybe try one of the UV protectant sprays, like frog juice.

kabchen said...

Thanks, Kacky! I've got this safe coat varnish that I'm lacquering it with--it's got UV protective stuff in it, so I think it should work!