Friday, October 21, 2011

WHEW!









I had the whole house to myself for the last month, and with all of my extra time to myself, I made myself busy with household projects.  Here are the results!  Coffee table stained and varnished, pillows covered and one of them completely hand-stitched together (sewing machine broke down before the last pillow was completed!  Alas!), broken shelf replaced, chairs stained and varnished, art room cleaned, desk created (using a door found at Habitat), and reading nook invented (last picture).  I'm exhausted!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely!!
(Say, if you need a new sewing machine, I'm looking for a new home for mine ... let me know)

kabchen said...

Carol,

I hope you know that you started this whole thang =). I have been totally OBSESSED with apartment therapy lately, the website that you introduced me to!

Carol said...

Hee hee. I certainly try to stay away from that site - otherwise I'd be painting and rearranging all the time!

Think about the sewing machine - it's a Riccar. I've had it for about 20 years, but haven't used it in 10 - it should be used and loved :) You could pick it up when you're here in December, although flying back with it might be problematic ...

Carol said...

PS: another cool site is The Improvised Life:
http://www.theimprovisedlife.com/
(sorry)

Christy said...

LOVE!! 1) I am obsessed with mustard yellow right now, 2) your house is how I imagine my house would look like if I were super stylish and crafty, 3) that squid is so... you

kabchen said...

Thanks Christy! The mustard yellow totally came by chance. Thrift stores, baby, it is a dream decorator. Things always just seem to work out. Ask from the universe, and the thrift store will provide. =)

Katherine Bogucki said...

I am awed by your motivated-ness! Hehe! Now I feel really lazy! Great job Katie!

misstrevor said...

Your place looks awesome! So unique.