Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

No, there's no new artwork.  But I have so many excuses!  Let me list them all (it will also be a good way to get y'all up to speed):

1.  We moved to Baltimore, MD on June 1.  Look at the skyline.  Pretty, huh?  Almost like looking at artwork, right?

Charm City!
2.  We had a wedding celebration for the two of us 2 weeks after we moved Baltimore and had friends and family in town for a while.

3.  I then worked diligently on upgrading my website to the new website:  katiechenreclaimedart.com (which is--for me, an artform in itself!  I even hooked it up to Paypal so you can buy artwork online!).

The new http://katiechenreclaimedart.com website.  Check it out!  
Our house!  Baby blue, I love you, you smell like poo...


4.  We bought a house!

5.  We found out that the basement of the house is full of mold!

6.  We found out that the weird smells coming from the basement is probably sewer leakage from a broken pipe!

7.  And the roof is leaking!

8.  Etc...the house needs work.

Welcome to homeownership, eh?  No worries, we knew the house needed work when we bought it, so no real surprises (except for the fecal matter in the basement...ok...there aren't actually solids, I'm exaggerating...but still.  Gross.).  I'm actually planning on starting another blog designated purely for the work that we do on this house, so I won't go too far into it here...

So, the plan is that we move in at the end of August.  And in the meantime I will be looking for a studio to show my work and to hopefully have more space to spread out.  I'm hoping to get large with my pieces in the future.  If anyone knows about the Galleries in Baltimore, please let me know where I should be looking.  I'll be doing research myself, but it's always good to have the "inside scoop."  Thanks for reading, visit back soon, I'm sure I'll have more for ya!




No comments: