Sunday, August 5, 2012

New studio space


When Peter and I found our house, we were so excited by the great deal we were getting, the area...etc...the only issue was that the studio space would be a tight fit--especially with the direction I've been going lately.  The solution, was that I would get a studio space!  And so last week, I signed a lease on a beautiful art studio space in the Station North Arts and Entertainment district in Baltimore, MD.  

It is housed in the Load of Fun Artists Building.  Check it out, it's been a cool space so far.  I'll keep you posted as I try out this new way of living:  giving myself regular studio hours to follow during the day (so I'm not working there late at night--still not the best area to be after sunset), creating a show space, hosting open studio parties, taking part in the open studio walks that the Load of Fun building hosts in collaboration with a few other arts organizations.  It will indeed be a huge change, and I'm nervous for the extra work that it will be to set up shop and to adapt my routines around it, but I have high hopes that the extra work will pay off in the end.  I'll be having a studio warming part in the not-too-distant future.         

Single Carrot Theatre office is just down the hall!

My studio from the doorway.

It came with a desk and stool! 

Plenty of room to hang my pieces. 

Another nice white wall (after I repaint it) to hang my larger pieces on. 

2 comments:

Florida Web Design said...

Wow. Sounds like a tough job for you guys. But all is doing great. Keep up the great work.

Carol said...

Nice space, Katie - do good work!