Sunday, June 20, 2010

crocheted cushions!





I was incredibly inspired by this artist: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/13/garden/13rugloft.html?emc=eta1 (thanks so much for showing me this, Carol!). She makes these gigantic felted rugs and cushions--the cushions actually crocheted out of what appear to be whole skeins of wool rather than individual strands of yarn--they're just that thick. So, ultimately, (and this is what got me) her hand was the crochet hook! Excited by the idea, but unemployed and without the millions of dollars to spend on the skeins upon skeins of wool required for the specific project, I looked for an alternative medium. And, I felt, it needed to be a "recycled" medium. So, I ended up with these babies. They're made out of old bedsheets. Crocheted, using my hand as the crochet hook! How exciting!

No comments: