Thursday, June 10, 2010

plastic bag woven rug in the works!



So many plastic bags in the world! Think how many awesome rugs we could make!

Once in a while I forget to say, "no bag, please," and then I'm stuck with it. Or the bags come with a product (bread and other such groceries), and are such an odd shape that they can't be used as garbage bags. And I can't bear to just throw them out, but pretty soon we had so many that they were just taking up so much room in our kitchen. We needed a rug, and we had the bags for it. Perfect solution, and actually, as it turned out, we didn't have nearly as many needed to make the rug the size I wanted. I'll be finishing it as the bags add up again.

They don't have to float around in the massive heap in the ocean, they can sit right on our floor. It's pretty downright durable as plastic bags tend to be.

Reduce Reuse Recycle!

No comments: