Tuesday, December 6, 2011

City No. 10: Albany, New York, or, “Gosh, we’ve been on the road for a while”

Our Honeymoon, or, How We Got to the Midwest One Interview at a Time:  The Northeast Cities According to Me, the One Who Wanders the Cities While Peter Completes the Interviews
 
Disclaimer: This should by no means be used as a real resource to the northwestern cities.  While I am an observant person, I have no background in city development, nor do I have expertise on the cultural or historical background on these cities.  For the most part, I am reviewing these cities based on my personal preferences, as we will be moving to one of these cities in the spring.  And, if you are hoping for a lot of artwork (as this is my art blog), sorry to say, but you will be sadly disappointed if you continue to read this blog in the upcoming two months.  Apart from my photographs of the cities, I doubt I’ll get to very many art and craft projects.

The third point is pretty obvious...

View from our hotel.

Brilliant sunset, and satellite dishes.

Periwinkle sky.

Beautiful buildings.

P. in his puffy.

To be fair, we were only in Albany for one night and part of a day.  We had a chance to walk around and see all of the amazing architecture that resides in the city.  People are living in BEAUTIFUL places.  From what we could see from the street, many apartments on the main drag had 10-12 ft. ceilings, elaborate woodwork, and beautiful brick exteriors!  The city itself was small and lived in, meaning we didn’t see many too many vacant store-fronts, and there were many places that looked like if they had been vacant, there were businesses that had the paperwork completed and the plans drawn up to move in soon.  It had a very local vibe—didn’t see many chains at all, and all of the local businesses were really cute!!! 

Albany is really cute.  Not on our list of cities to consider (no interview there), but if I had to consider it, I would consider it worth checking out.     
 

No comments: