Friday, December 2, 2011

City No. 9: Binghamton, New York, or, “How I finally saw the new Muppet Movie”

Our Honeymoon, or, How We Got to the Midwest One Interview at a Time:  The Northeast Cities According to Me, the One Who Wanders the Cities While Peter Completes the Interviews
 
Disclaimer: This should by no means be used as a real resource to the northwestern cities.  While I am an observant person, I have no background in city development, nor do I have expertise on the cultural or historical background on these cities.  For the most part, I am reviewing these cities based on my personal preferences, as we will be moving to one of these cities in the spring.  And, if you are hoping for a lot of artwork (as this is my art blog), sorry to say, but you will be sadly disappointed if you continue to read this blog in the upcoming two months.  Apart from my photographs of the cities, I doubt I’ll get to very many art and craft projects.

 

This one will be short, as our trip to this city was incredibly short.  But I must mention that it was lovely to spend time with Pat and Corie.  They were some of our closest friends in Asheville and they will be sorely missed.  But that made our visit with them that much better!  We spent Thanksgiving Day with Pat’s family (his mom, dad, aunt, and extended relatives).  Started the festivities by tossing around the Frisbee, then went on to the meal-eating.  Delicious sweet-potatoes, mashed russets, salad embellished with sweet pears and cranberries, dinner rolls.  Then for desert there were many different kinds of pies.  I chose the homemade pumpkin pie.  Delicious! 

To finish off the day, we then went to see the new “The Muppets” movie!  Such a trip back on memory lane.  “Am I a man or a muppet,” was my favorite song.  If you haven’t seen it yet, go.  Or at least rent it when it comes out.  If you loved the muppets at some point in your life, it is worth the 1.5 hours that you’ll spend watching it. 

That’s it for Binghamton!  Nothing really to say about the city itself except that it’s kind of "suburby" and it has a theatre (which was awesome)!

No comments: